Here at Bats Qld, our primary goal is to rescue, rehabilitate and release any orphaned or injured Flying Foxes or Microbats that need our help.
The second goal which is just as important is to educate the young and old on the importance of Flying Foxes in our ecosystem along with dispelling the myths that have always surrounded these amazing mammals.
Bats Qld is dedicated to:
- Providing education and information to the general public
- Active conservation of Flying Foxes and Microbats and their habitat
- The promotion of bats as a very important part of our ecology
- The rehabilitation and release of bats back to the wild
- The rescue of sick, injured & orphaned bats
To help achieve this in a professional manner Bats Qld are aiming to establish an education centre which will be a valuable resource for our community.